Follow us on Instagram:
Call us on +267 686 4450 for all your solar needs. We are based in Maun.
This centralized system caters for a camp of 28 guests, 12 members of management and 35 staff members. The reticulation of waste from guest units, the camp kitchen and laundry and the staff village is achieved through septic tanks and pump tanks at these areas.
The main treatment plant consists of two 5000L final holding tanks in series followed by three ECOROCK-5000 units in parallel, allowing up to 15000L of water to be treated on a daily basis. Final effluent is treated by an inline chlorinator and sprayed into a set of sprinklers.
This treatment plant requires only 250W (to power the final submersible pump) and uses less than 1kWh/24 hours.
We’re busy commissioning this new solar system for a safari camp in the Okavango Delta. The system will soon be fully operation when the camp opens, but for now the construction team is utilizing the power and we’re using this as a test run to see how the system performs.
All in all, this system will save the company hundred of thousands of Pula in fuel bills. The system will produce enough to handle the daily needs of the camp with a battery capacity to allow a full day of use on limited solar input. There is an automated 80kVA generator on standby for the rainy season (November to March).
We recently upgraded the battery bank at Sango Camp in Khwai. We used a 16kWh 52V (310Ah) Blue Nova lithium ion battery to replace a 900Ah lead acid battery bank. So far, the change has been dramatic, with the batteries getting to a 100% SOC on a daily basis despite cloudy weather – mainly due to the efficiency (96%) of the lithium ion system compared to 70% of a lead acid battery.
We’re making progress on our latest 55kWp solar installation for a safari camp in the Okavango Delta.
We are linking the 55kWp solar array to Fronius 20kVA grid-tied inverters and Victron Quattro units. At the heart of the system is a 195kWh Blue Nova lithium ion battery bank.
We’ve just upgraded this residential system from a 1kWp to 2kWp and moved it to a new location.
Just completed our first lithium ion battery installation! Quick, simple and space-saving!!
This 16kWh battery replaced a large bank of 12V lead acid batteries.
Call us on 6864450 or email email@example.com to order yours!
Checkout our battery page for more info on what these batteries can offer!
Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery technology offers a variety of advantages over Valve Regulated Lead Acid (VRLA) batteries:
- Depth of discharge (DOD): LiFePO4 typically up to 90% vs 40% for VRLA
- Physical size: more than three times smaller
- Weight: more than four times lighter
- Transport costs: more than three times lower
- Cycle life: typically 4000 cycles (90% DOD) vs 1200 cycles (40% DOD)
- 96% turnaround efficiency at C10
- Fully rechargeable in 2 hours
- Complete discharge in 1 hour
- Energy density > 10kg/kWh
- Operates beween -20°C and 65°C
- Safety record of over 15 years
- No gassing – no ventilation required
- Non-toxic / ROHS compliant
- 100% recyclable
- 10 year product warranty
- Can deliver more than 7000 cycles
- Designed for 20 year service life
- Automatically shuts down during fault conditions
- Less than P2.50 / kWh / cycle delivered
- Zero maintenance costs
- Efficient recharge saves more than 50% on generator runtime
Available for 12V, 24V and 48V systems from 1kWh to 260kWh!
Contact us on 6864450 or firstname.lastname@example.org to size your new or replacement battery bank.
Check out our website (www.the-solar-zone.co.bw) for more information.